Global Head Finance Training & Learning
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This role works closely with the Global Head of Corporate Accounting & External Reporting and other senior stakeholders within Finance across the Lonza organization to define and drive the global strategy and approach to Finance Training & Learning. It is envisaged to establish and lead a Finance Training Academy. The role will develop learning concepts and standards and build, own and manage the Finance learning curriculum. The role is key to developing an application of learning culture within the Lonza Finance organization and all the roles touched by the need for this essential core business function. This role supports the vision and strategic priorities of the Finance Leadership Team.
- Develop a strategy, standards, concepts and curriculum that meets the current and future learning needs of the Finance organization, including all Lonza employees that are involved in Finance related activities across all sites/functions and Shared Services
- Drive the implementation and monitoring of the learning strategy to ensure organizational effectiveness, achievement of business objectives and financial compliance and lead the change in culture required for learning and compliance with processes throughout Lonza
- Define the training plans for the different roles and ensure training is provided and appropriate training records are available. Deploy a wide variety of training methods and monitor and evaluate training program's effectiveness
- Collaborate with all internal stakeholders including Senior Management and Functional Leaders to gain alignment with strategy and curricula and to identify appropriate trainers and subject matter experts
- Consult with Global Process Owners to develop learning programs that drive implementation, support acceptance and compliance with the processes
- Collaborate closely with Training heads in other functions to ensure the learning and training needs of employees are recognized and addressed beyond technical and process related topics
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience in leading and implementing learning strategy, standards and the associated change and transition plans in a multicultural, global organization
- Experience in developing a training strategy for Finance functions
- Experience with Shared Service Centers is desirable
- Strong ability to drive and lead change through the finance organization
- Ability to create enthusiasm regarding training and learning
- Strong networking & excellent communication skills
- Ability to lead both with and without authority across a highly matrixed organization
- Ability to recognize and act on trends that will impact business performance and anticipate threats to success
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.