Sr. Product Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is currently recruiting for a remote Sr. Product Manager. This role will take portfolio ownership of assigned Lonza Capsules & Health Ingredients (CHI) product portfolio and service offerings to ensure customer, market and financial success. Drive for data-driven, customer validated understanding of the market. Work closely with cross-functional teams (R&D, Business Development, Sales, Sales Training) to ensure continued innovation pipeline to drive market leadership. Develop global marketing plans and launch plans to support Go-to-Market Strategies.
- Manages the complete life cycle and value chain of products and services within the assigned Capsules and Health Ingredients (CHI) portfolios, aligning with key stakeholders across the business to deliver on customer commitments, sales and profit targets
- Supports cross-functional teams such as R&D, supply chain, regulatory and quality, to develop product positioning and messaging to support existing product end of life and the introduction of next generation products to support holistic portfolio
- Monitors and provide continuous portfolio performance to ensure alignment with business priorities
- Responds promptly and directly to non-routine technical and business inquiries
- Monitors product line performance at the customer level, to understand trends and identify new challenges and opportunities to inform the business strategy and go to market activities
- Provides regular reports as requested by leadership team
- Understands the assigned portfolio at all levels and keep key stakeholder which includes but is not limited to R&D, Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Finance, appraised of potential risks and opportunities
- Works within the safety, FDA, ISO 9001 requirements of the associated production sites and legal global entities
- Assists with the forecasting process to provide a vital link between sales forecasts and production quantities to address demand exceptions, forecast new products and assist with prioritization in the event of supply challenges
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams requiring market intelligence and market development activities to support global go-to-market strategy for assigned portfolio
- Develops robust business case which includes in-depth market and competitive analysis, business opportunity, risks/challenges, and comprehensive P/L, to support key innovation pipeline to be presented and reviewed and requiring leadership approval
- Participates in ethnographic, qualitative, and quantitative voice of customer (VOC) research projects to ensure continued understanding of customer and market, current and future unmet needs
- Works closely with cross-functional stakeholders, including but not limited to, business development and analytics, R&D, quality, regulatory, sales and sales training, to develop and implement global value based positioning and selling, channel strategies, and pricing corridors for assigned portfolio
- Works with marketing communications, outside agencies and regions to develop content for and regularly review of comprehensive marketing communication plans that include but are not limited to brochures, eblasts, website development, webinar scheduling, press releases, owned and paid advertisements, to establish consistent use of messaging, branding and marketing channels for the assigned portfolio
- Supports the coordination and content development for selected trade shows, industry conferences, expert panel symposiums, webinar and workshops
- Generates technical awareness in the appropriate departments to handle routine customer concerns
- Supports the global sales organization through customer visits and regular communication, including participation in regional and global sales meetings
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in field of Science, Engineering or Marketing is required.
- Substantial experience in Life Science Biotechnology or Pharmaceuticals is required.
- Substantial experience in global product management/marketing, sales, and technical support, or equivalent is required.
- Management of product and sales issues where analysis of situation requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors, exercising judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining resolution and results.
- Demonstrated success at building customer relationships and understanding customer needs.
- Prior experience with strategic, market and launch planning, defining pricing corridors, and content development for the deployment of commercial marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated highly effective internal/external communication skills, both written and verbal, with experience in formal presentations to various levels of leadership within an organization.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to set and drive personal and business objectives
- Ability to plan, organize and establish priorities.
- Demonstrated success managing projects in a relevant business context
- Relevant technical and market/customer knowledge of assigned portfolio and/or target applications is required.
- Development and deployment of Go-to-Market planning including commercial assets to support global commercial campaigns.
- Prior experience with forecast and demand planning processes and tools is required.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.