Senior QA Associate
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for a Senior Quality Associate to join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
Ensure that Quality is maintained at an appropriate level meeting, customer and regulatory expectations and to enable the Lonza Slough Site to deliver to relevant targets. This will be achieved by assessing compliance to site PQS and principles of GMP auditing documentation generated during manufacturing processes, development and laboratory processes and where required escalating non-compliances through the PQS, site governance mechanisms and senior QA leadership.
This role is an initial 12 Month Fixed Term Contract.
- Acting as a point of contact for general queries relating to Quality and escalating as required.
- Auditing documentation generated during development and laboratory processes, including protocols, assays/raw data and validation reports.
- Auditing documentation generated during manufacturing processes and for ancillary areas of manufacturing, coordinating of review and any follow-up actions/corrections of GMP documentation.
- Expand and utilise knowledge of quality procedures to identify and report non-conformances and resolve issues in the area via interaction with relevant personnel.
- Vials and Cell Banking documentation auditing and releasing.
- Assist in preparation of area for inspection readiness.
- Advising operators on best practices for document completion, review and follow up actions/ escalate if required.
- Identify discrepancies and deviations and to distinguish appropriate classification and appropriate follow-up actions in all areas.
- Developing ability to interpret and apply GMP regulations consistently.
- DMS document approver for document errors identified in QA.
- Performs document reviews of SOP’s, batch records, test methods, and logbooks
- Deviation QA approver for Minor deviations/CAPAs/tasks and HOLD notices.
- Act as deputy Team Lead as and when required.
What we need you to have:
- BSc or equivalent in biology or related field
- Extensive hands on experience within in QA / GMP role within the pharmaceutical industry
- Previous experience within Analytical testing.
- Working in a senior role previously whether in the Lab or in Quality and advantage.
- Accurate data entry skills. Attention to detail.
- Excellent workload prioritisation skills, decision-making and scheduling skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.