Senior Scientist - Method Development
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Senior Scientist is a key member of the laboratory team who works on multiple well-defined projects to deliver high quality execution of experimental work following all safety and quality procedures. They are responsible for planning and executing standard experiments and with appropriate support, dealing with more complex projects. The Senior Scientist will work closely with customers to present progress on project stages, understand their needs, respond to project challenges and ultimately deliver a world-class experience.
- Accountable for the design, execution and delivery of multiple projects (safety, quality, right first time, on time) including completion of project dashboards
- Escalate technical and Customer issues in a timely fashion
- Critically review and interpret raw data & information to produce good quality process knowledge
- Write reports to an agreed standard suitable for final review by project lead
- Represent department as part of multi-disciplinary Customer project team
- Develop an area of subject matter expertise / specialist knowledge
- Provide scientific input into Customer proposals and amendments
- Conduct Customer Laboratory Tours
- Coach, mentor and train more junior members of department as required
- Initiate problem solving / trouble shooting activities and escalate as appropriate
- BSc or higher in biochemistry, analytical chemistry, pharmaceutical science, bio-manufacturing or related feld.
- Detailed knowledge in the development and application of BLI and SPR based methods to monitor protein-ligand binding and other quality attributes relevant to biopharmaceutical products.
- Detailed knowledge in the development and validation of HPLC/UHPLC and electrophoresis based methods to monitor quality attributes relevant to biopharmaceutical products.
- Practical industry and/or academic experience of working in an analytical laboratory, preferably in a regulated environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of ICH guidelines for biopharmaceutical products.
- Familiarity with the use of statistical tools such as DoE to support method optimisation and evaluation of method robustness would be an advantage
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.