Product Manager Cell Engineering (m/w/d)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who will take on ownership for a large portion of our Nucleofector® Portfolio. You will be responsible for continues business success through pro-active life cycle management, product development and expansion of the application scope. In this role you will act as the central interface developing and executing global sales and marketing concepts for assigned products in close collaboration with colleagues in R&D, Sales and Marketing Communication
- You will be responsible for managing the complete life cycle and value chain of the products within the portfolio, including support of production planning based on sales forecast
- As a product manager you will develop the global go-to-market and innovation strategy for the portfolio and execute required market intelligence and market development activities
- You will play a vital role in development of new products as well as improvement of existing products by providing market intelligence support and translating customer needs into product features
- You will work closely with stakeholders in Sales to develop and implement pricing, positioning and channel strategies for the various global regions and market segments.
- Preparation and execution of global marketing campaigns, marketing assets and activities to drive sales for the product lines will be part of your daily business
- You will support our Global Sales teams through, trainings, joined customer visits and regular communication, including participation in regional and global sales meetings.
- You have a Master´s degree in biology, biotechnology, biochemistry or a similar field of study,
PhD level preferred.
- You bring along a profound knowledge in either life science research or drug discovery derived from 5+ years relevant industry or academic experience
- You speak German and English fluently, additional languages are a plus
- Past, self-reliant work as an Assistant Product Manager or Product Manager is preferred, relevant experience in a Marketing, Sales, Technical Support or equivalent role is a prerequisite
- Project management experience will be a plus
- You gained profound technical and market knowledge of transfection as well as genome editing already
- Experience in building and maintain of business related digital tools like websites or social media channels highly desired
- You like to work interdisciplinary and feel at home at the interface of scientific, technical and business issues
- You are able to cope with challenging situations and to thrive in a rapid paced and constantly changing environment
- Highly skilled working with MS Office programs such as PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.