MSAT Scientist III (Upstream/Downstream, Cell Culture, Cell Therapy)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have several MSAT III opportunities available, in Upstream, Downstream and specializing in Cell Therapy
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is looking for an experienced Upstream Process Engineer to join our growing team! As our Process Engineer, your primary responsibility is to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for upstream manufacturing processes. This person should have experience supporting at-scale upstream processing. This position is a great opportunity for someone with strong industry, tech transfer, and mammalian cell culture experience to join our MSAT (Manufacturing Science and Technology) team.
We are also looking for a downstream processing (DSP) Process Engineer/Scientist to join our MSAT team. As our Process Engineer,/Scientist your primary responsibility is to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for downstream manufacturing processes and technical transfer. This person should have experience supporting at-scale downstream processing. This position is a great opportunity for someone with some industry experience to enter a Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) role focusing on the Downstream/Purification portion of a manufacturing process.
- Represents Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) on project teams as technical subject matter expert (SME) and interface with customer technical and quality representatives.
- Develops process understanding and expertise.
- Author/reviews/own Process related documentation (ex. process description and batch records).
- Author/reviews change controls (including managing the implementation of the change as the assigned change agent).
- Monitor and reports of process performance (manufacturing data analysis and delivery of data in the form of live presentations).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biotechnology area.
- Significant experience in biotech industry experience in process development, process scale up, tech transfer or manufacturing.
- Significant experience with large scale (2 KL + experience a plus) manufacturing support (mammalian preferred), cGMP and US / EU regulations.
- Significant experience of cell biology, cell culture, scale up and mass transfer, bioreactor operation, disc stack centrifugation, filtration, and statistical data analysis.
- Significant experience working in a customer service oriented role with strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Strong communication skills that are accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to share 24/7 on-call support while process is being manufactured.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.