Intern Forensic Chemistry
Intern Forensic Chemistry 100%
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula for how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This is your chance to join a brand new venture from Lonza, one of the world’s leading and most-trusted suppliers to the pharmaceutical, biotech and specialty ingredients markets. Our Drug Product Services department will provide best-in-class services for parenteral dosage forms for several drug classes, and provide a one-stop-shop for all clinical outsourcing requirements. As an intern at Drug product Services, you can be at the heart of it, right from the start. As a research intern, you will be involved in novel R&D projects in Pharmaceutical development. You will use your scientific understanding along with novel analytical tools to solve problems that would make the Drug product development process more efficient and improve the likelihood of success.
As a Forensic Chemistry intern at Drug Product Services, you can be at the heart of it, right from the start. You will get a first overview of complex problems and root cause investigations in pharmaceutical industry and get in touch with novel analytical techniques for biomolecules, ranging from helping formulation development and downstream purification support.
You will be handling challenging problems on a daily basis within the Forensic Chemistry group at Lonza Drug Product Services. In particular, you will:
- Support developing an automated robot-assisted sample preparation method
- Perform hands on laboratory work on a novel analytical method
- Optimize and set up control experiments for the qualification of the analytical method and its automation
- Support the Forensic Chemistry group with daily tasks
- Document, maintain and present accurate data
- Enrolled in a program in a relevant area such as Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Analytical Chemistry or equivalent or a recent graduate
- A strong team player but also able to work independently
- Self-motivated with a strong passion for quality and research
- Very good verbal and written communication skills, fluency in English
- A very good attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness to learn and execute complex tasks
- Basic understanding of coding in any language
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.