Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Formulations Engineer supports Product Development in developing liquid and solid nutritional supplements. This position requires close customer contact and must be able to balance commercial opportunity with scientific and engineering expertise in all aspects of formulation. It will also formulate work plans and conduct problem solving on complex chemical development/production projects
- Design products and processes to increase commercial opportunities and growth.
- Translate customer needs and requests into finished products.
- Work closely as a liason between the Product Development and Manufacturing teams to effectively scale processes from benchtop to commercial
- Plan and prepare formulation trials for dietary supplement customers.
- Analyze data, document the results and enter data into global formulation database.
- Correctly interpret and take action from data analysis.
- Coordinate customer communications and status updates on test analyses, studies, etc.
- Organize and conduct routine lab experiments.
- Prepare reports for statistical analysis.
- Ability to properly scale laboratory experiments to commercial scale.
- Develop new procedures and techniques within established guidelines.
- Conduct all activities in a safe and professional manner adhering to department policies, procedures, SOI’s, GLP’s, GCP’s, and GMP’s.
- Understand principles of instrumentation for analysis (HPLC, GC, ICP/MS, UV/Vis, FTIR)
- Understand principles of mechanic and electronic control systems.
- Strive for continuous group improvement in order to better understand the problems and to improve the activities of the lab.
- Attendance in the plant/office is considered an essential function.
- Must be willing/able to work additional hours/days to include weekends, holidays, overtime, and travel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Ability to make decisions under time constraints
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Suite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to make sound business decisions in dynamic work environment.
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
- Ability to work in an office environment as well as in the field as requested.
- Ability to learn company specific software as needed or required.
- Proven track record working with people, teams and projects.
- Ability to work independently, within a team and in a diverse workforce.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to pass background check and drug test.
- Experience with encapsulation equipment
- Formulation experience
- Technical operations
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.