U.S. Payroll Tax Coordinator
U.S. Payroll Tax Coordinator
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Oversees aspects of Lonza’s US Payroll Tax and Finance pertaining to payroll activities for the U.S. Works closely with our tax vendor to ensure reconciliation, accuracy and timely filing of payroll tax returns.
- Responsible for payroll tax services which includes periodic, quarterly and annual reconciliations with the payroll tax provider, Alight.
- Work with the payroll provider to ensure accuracy and timely filing of payroll tax returns to ultimately avoid government agency penalties and interest.
- Functions as the primary point of contact for tax between Lonza and Alight.
- W2 and W2c management with payroll provider
- Processing IRS lock in letters and assists in responding to IRS inquiries that Alight cannot perform.
- Participate in Payroll tax external and internal audit requirements.
- Prepare and file quarterly miscellaneous Worker’s Compensation returns for two states.
- Reconcile each payroll register with Tax filing reports to assure accurate payment.
- Assist Finance in Cost Center posting errors.
- Work with federal and state agencies to set up new client payroll accounts via online. Includes setting up Alight as our third party vendor.
- Provide miscellaneous accounting support as needed
- Load agency notices into payroll tool and work with agencies or payroll provider to resolve
- Assisting with researching tax regulations affecting employee compensation, fringe benefits and payments to non-residents
- Administrative duties as required such as document scanning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related areas.
- 3 - 4 years of experience in US Payroll Tax Experience.
- Previous experiences in SSC is nice to have.
- Knowledge of US Federal and state agency requirements pertinent to payroll tax regulations.
- Advanced English Level.
- Overall knowledge of HRMS/Payroll system preferably SAP.
- PC proficiency, particularly Excel.
- CPP certification is a nice to have.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.