Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Reliability Engineer to join our site in Porrino in North West Spain.
The Reliability Engineer Responsible for leading the development, implementation, operation and improvement of the reliability program for a cGMP Biotech facility and for defining the best preventive and predictive maintenance strategies for equipment and facilities according to their criticality and severity of use.
- Manage the site reliability program. Oversee and manage applicable predictive maintenance technologies, reliability engineering methodologies, failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA), root cause failure analysis (RCFA), Criticality Assessments, Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), and other Operational Excellence efforts centered on reliability.
- Provide support and guidance to Maintenance personnel, Engineers, Quality Assurance and LPB global networks on mechanical reliability issues on cGMP and non-cGMP equipment identified during design phase, installation, or normal operations. Transfer lessons learned, knowledge and best practices to global LPB sites.
- Participates in the design, development and optimization of asset maintenance plans for new and modified assets to ensure reliability and maintainability.
- Develop sustainable programs, tools, and processes to improve plant operability and reliability, assess equipment failures and recommend appropriate corrective preventive actions.
- Analyze asset performance data from available sources to identify reliability issues and develop engineering solutions to improve asset health and reduce risk. Solutions may include maintenance strategy modification, equipment modification, or asset replacement. Assists Engineering with the development of the business case to support capital investment for asset replacement.
- Manage outside contractor resources that perform Predictive Maintenance techniques and monitor the repair recommendations originating from contractors for technical accuracy and proper prioritization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need you to have:
- Life Sciences degree qualified, ideally within Mechanical Engineering
- Hands one experience within Predictive Technologies.
- Hands on experience using SAP.
- Ability to analyse large and complex data sets.
- Effective influencing and persuading abilities.
- Strong office software experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Documentum
- Fluency in Spanish and English.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.