Project Lead SGIE
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic biomanufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market.
As Project Lead, you are assigned to specific growth investment CAPEX projects and are responsible for planning, managing and executing pharma and biotech growth investment projects in China and APAC region. This includes the co-ordination of activities at multiple sites and involving multiple parties if ever required. You will be initially at a Project Director level and has operative leadership of all assigned projects.
- Responsible for planning & delivery of project goals in terms of cost, time, functionality, regulations, cGMP, safety and according to expectations. Total project budget responsibility of about RMB 100 - 150Mio annually.
- Establish project charter including scope of work, goals and deliverables together with the relevant project champion to support business objectives in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders within the BU and Site.
- Clarifying roles and responsibilities within the project organization and developing full-scale project plans and associated communication documents.
- Securing optimal flow of information within project organization and at interfaces with project champion/project steering committee, and mediating in case of problems.
- Reporting regularly in writing, including project progress reports. Includes both internal to Lonza stakeholders as well as ensuring external partners if needed are informed/aligned
- Identifying and recommending the internal and / or external resources to reach the project goals and managing day-to-day operational aspects of projects including the selection and activities of EPCM (contractors) and other external engineering resources.
- Identifying and managing project dependencies and mapping the critical path.
- Developing best practices and tools for project management and execution in a fast-paced generic product development environment.
- Establishing the project team/structure necessary to reach the project goals and ensures appropriate coaching/development/performance feedback to all indirect matrix reports in order to develop a strong and competent team.
- Ensuring compliance with all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- BSc or MSc in Engineering (chemical, mechanical, process, pharmaceutical, biochemical engineering or equivalent).
- Extensive experience in program portfolio management, project management and a solid understanding of design principles and standards within chemical, biochemical, pharmaceutical facilities
- Extensive experience in Stakeholder engagement and management, including business unit and operations unit, and with both local and international senior executives and company leaders
- International or regional experience strongly desired.
- Experience in cGMP regulatory requirements.
- Ability to lead diverse, cross-functional teams in the successful delivery of project initiations and successfully transitioning into project execution.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.