Scientist (Viral Clearance)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
You will be joining the Virus Clearance team within Development Services in Lonza Singapore.
The Development Services group is responsible for the development and characterization manufacturing processes used for the production of novel therapeutic recombinant proteins for Lonza’s global client base.
Based primarily in a new site in Singapore Science Park, the viral clearance team works closely with our Customers, and with different functions including MSAT, Manufacturing, Regulatory, Proposal/Program Management, Process Development, Supply Chain, Quality Assurance and external testing facility.
The purpose of this role is to execute virus clearance studies that demonstrate the effectiveness of purification processes for the reduction of viruses to support customers’ regulatory filings (IND & BLA).
- Perform hands-on laboratory work (eg. small-scale control run, virus models spiked run, virus inactivation step evaluation, virus reduction filtration) following protocols and working to GMP standards.
- Follow work procedures to set up and operate column & membrane chromatography, ultrafiltration and dead-end filtration systems.
- Contribute to customer projects by generating and interpreting scientific data from experimental work. Part of the experiment will require working at vendor testing laboratories.
- Record and review raw data to produce good quality process knowledge and data sets suitable for inspection by regulatory agencies (eg. EMEA and ICH Q5A).
- Deliver high quality communication (written reports, telecons, face to face meetings) to ensure an outstanding customer (both internal and external) experience.
- Working as part of a site and global project team, co-ordinate multiple projects and ensure timely delivery of project workstages.
- Facilitate communication between other departments in Singapore and across the global Lonza network.
- Degree in Biological Science/Engineering as appropriate for area of expertise.
- Prior experience in a cGMP or laboratory environment will be advantageous
- Experience with laboratory-scale AKTA chromatography and Unicorn software may be advantageous.
- Understanding of theory and application of protein production, purification and analysis.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good team working skills.
- The final role offered will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
- The role may require occasional weekend work.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.