Manager, Site CAPEX
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Site CAPEX (Capital Expenditures) Manager will support ongoing Lonza operations through the management of the Site CAPEX program. In this role, you will provide technical resources to operations and customers to ensure that site CAPEX is allocated and executed to meet production needs. Provides strategic support to the business for development and compliance.
- Manages site CAPEX for the Portsmouth site including annual budgeting process
- Monthly reporting/estimation of cash flow to global CAPEX management
- Lead monthly Capital Governance meeting to update and align the site on status and direction for annual CAPEX spend
- Review of all site CARs
- Provides planning and oversight of strategic projects involving new processes, complex automation changes and significant process improvements including lump sum and CAR capital projects
- Promotes innovation for operational methodologies and equipment to drive facility throughput and strategic direction
- Assist group managers, supervisors, leads with prioritization of work, resource loading and goal establishment and attainment
- Assist direct reports with development of employees to help them achieve career goals
- Perform performance reviews with direct reports and approve performance ratings for employees within organization structure
- Develop and provide technical knowledge on manufacturing equipment and processes to Engineers as well as Manufacturing.
- Supports the D2E process by attending sub-department DMS meetings as well as representing the group at Plant-wide Engineering DMS meetings
- Participates in audits and inspections as an Engineering SME and supports QA in development of regulatory and customer audit responses
- Will also Manage CAD and Engineering Documentation group
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in chemical engineering or similar
- Experience in the design and operation of process control systems, instrumentation and MES for Biopharmaceutical facilities, both manufacturing and support systems
- Project management and coordination experience associated with the execution of capital projects in an industrial environment is required.
- Practical experience in the management and coordination of engineering and construction management consultants, equipment vendors and contractors is required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with focus on Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Proficiency with Primavera P6 and Unifier preferred.
- Ability to communicate to internal and external personnel and to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical people.
- Ability to handle multiple projects (5-10) simultaneously, keeping track of costs and schedule and ensuring compliance with quality and safety standards.
- Skilled in problem solving and able to understand and challenge design and execution concepts from outside vendors/engineers.
- Demonstration of the proper level of detail for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes, data and tasks; and maintaining watchfulness over a period of time.
- Interpersonal and Leadership Skills - Works effectively on cross-functional teams and in a fast paced environment.
- Able to lead large teams of cross-functional personnel to achieve company goals.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.