Sr. Manager, Quality Control
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an excellent opportunity for a Sr. Manager of Quality Control at their Bend, Oregon location.
- Reports to site Director of Quality
- Responsible for oversight and performance of Quality Control laboratories (approx. 40 FTE) in accordance with applicable regulations and guidance as well as Lonza policies
- Ensures delivery of results for the following in accordance with predefined target dates:
- Raw material analysis
- Analysis of cleaning verification/validation samples
- Environmental monitoring and water samples
- Release testing
- Stability testing
- Serves as primary subject matter expert (SME) for analytical testing and laboratory investigation resolution
- Represents Quality Control in regulatory inspections, client meetings and audits
- Prepares annual budget and responsible for adherence
- Responsible for talent development and secession planning
- Responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and implementing appropriate action plans
- Ensures adherence to Lean and 6S principles
- Bachelor’s degree in science required
- Extensive experience in pharmaceutical GMPs
- Prior supervisory experience in a pharmaceutical GMP environment
- History of participation in regulatory inspections as an analytical SME
- Working knowledge of modern analytical techniques such HPLC, UPLC, GC, FTIR, KF, dissolution, particle size determination, inhalation product testing, and x-ray diffraction
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to engage, motivate, and provide feedback to grow and develop successful teams
- Ability to create a highly collaborative and inclusive environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.