Accounts Receivable Supervisor
Accounts Receivable Supervisor
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Accounts Receivable Supervisor is responsible for managing the operations and personnel associated with Accounts Receivable processing activities, including but not limited to processing electronic and manual remittance transactions, minimizing bad debt and facilitating the collection of maximum payments on at risk or past due customer accounts Managing the timely, accurate and complete flow of customers’ accounts information and complete all credit reviews to mitigate potential future risks. The Supervisor has a collaborative responsibility on the service excellence delivery in the SSC. The supervisor will also be responsible for coaching, resolving issues and serving as a link between subordinates and upper management as well as team performance and growth opportunities for the team.
- Creates work plans, ownership of KPIs, to define team priorities and coordinates team to ensure completion and inputs into performance evaluations for the team members and manage unresolved queries in the team.
- First point of contact for Global Process Owner and for investigation and initiation of queries with customers and product management departments.
- Accountable and responsible for the reconciling cash transactions, electronic remittance files, credit/debit card and ACH payments, maximize the collections strategy by following the credit and collections policy to better position the NWC.
- Review new and accounts for proper credit limit and terms based on information received from customer or data sources. Review existing customer portfolio to ensure proper credit limits and terms are in place to support sales growth and also mitigate future downside risk.
- Establish and maintain positive relationship/communication with other departments to promote sales growth.
- Providing other ad-hoc reporting and financial analysis to line managers and stakeholders.
- Develops key talents in the team and make sure all employees are getting needed trainings.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related areas.
- Local finance certificates - IOFM is a nice to have.
- 5+ years of experience in O2C processes on a shared service center environment.
- 3+ years’ experience in people management.
- 2+ year experience collections analysis, cash applications and credit management.
- 3+ years’ Experience with online AR management system required.
- 3+ years’ Experience of managing team within periods of substantial change.
- 2+ years’ Experience of leading continuous improvement projects.
- Advanced English Level (B2+, C1 level).
- ERP (SAP) and excellent Excel skills (including VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables).
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.