Singapore, Tuas Singapore
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic biomanufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market.
As SME, you will apply knowledge and experience globally across capital projects to drive harmonization and best practice utilization via creation and maintenance of design standards; directly participate in early-stages of capital projects from initiation through detailed design; discover, explore, evaluate and implement new technologies that bring marked benefit to cost and/or time reduction or yield improvement; establish and maintain strong inter-site, inter-department ties and collaboration with Manufacturing, MSAT, Automation, R&D, Engineering, Logistics, Quality Assurance, EHS.
- Focus will be specifically on mammalian cell culture production of biopharmaceuticals, upstream or downstream production.
- Contribute to active capital projects via concept design review and input, P&ID review etc
- Develop network design standards such as User Requirement Specifications (URS) and equipment and sub-component specifications
- Development of standards includes identification and assessment of new technologies
- Support construction/commissioning/validation phases of capital projects
- Maintain network design standards such as User Requirement Specifications (URS) and equipment and sub-component specifications
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor in Engineering or Science.
- Extensive working experience in Biotechnology or similar industry, familiar with Design/operation of biopharma facilities; controls systems
- Strong understanding of design principles and standards within Biopharmaceutical facilities. Ability to look at plant problems and come up with options for solutions & understand and challenge design and execution concepts from outside vendors/engineers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Effectively communicate ability via writing and oral communication at all levels.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.