Coordinator, Global Logistics
Coordinator, Global Logistics
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Coordinator, Global Logistics will establish and maintain strong, positive relationships with Lonza’s customers, internal and external, by providing excellent customer service through order execution, product technical information, complaint handling, and all other aspects of customer service. This person will use product and equipment knowledge to positively represent and support customer’s needs. This person is required to be action oriented, possess strong interpersonal skills, have a strong service orientation, work in both a team oriented atmosphere as well as work independently, capable of working with little supervision, and work effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Responsible for orders processing, correspondence, and shipment of all capsules, spare parts, and other non-capsule requirements for global affiliates and third party customers of Lonza
- Obtains and quotes current pricing with correct profit margin and delivery schedules through internal, purchasing, external contacts, and other sources
- Checks inventory and expediting information
- Enters and maintains database records of customer requirements and complaints
- Prepares, maintains, and reports order and project status
- Teams with MTC Team, Lonza technical support staff, engineers, project managers, territory sales managers, account solutions representatives and customer contacts to provide excellent service to Lonza’s customers
- Acts as a liaison between customers and suppliers in expediting orders, and will deal with domestic and foreign customers internal and external of Lonza
- Provides export invoicing documentation and governmental documentation as required by destination country to expedite shipment of goods
- Responsible for verification and accuracy of all documentation related to customer orders, shop orders, export orders, invoicing, Proforma, reconciliations, Harmonized System Code management and reporting
- Follows US Customer Compliance guidelines as necessary for imports
- Communicates with customers and all internal personnel in a professional manner
- Responsible for time and activity management to meet critical deadlines
- Performs other duties as required
- Education: Associate Degree or equivalent experience. BA or BS preferred
- Experience: Intermediate experience in a functional administration or marketing / sales environment preferred
- Excellent PC skills with Microsoft Office familiarity and technical savvy required with high attention to details
- Accurate close attention to detail, legible hand writing, excellent communication and organization skills, strong computer skills
- Must be available for overtime on a short notice as needed
- Requires independent judgment, self-supervision, and teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and flexibility in managing shifts in demands
- Accurately read and understand mechanical drawings
- Commitment to tasks with flexibility to changes or demands
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.