Operator, HCM QMA
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This position is the hard capsule operator that services as a relief operator - an hourly role used in the daily production of hard gelatin capsules – the relief fills in when others are absent or working on other tasks.
- Perform necessary quality checks and disposition product
- Ensure overall capsule quality
- Measure and record capsule weights/dimensions
- Responsible for in-process capsule sampling and metal detector checks
- Responsible for housekeeping of production areas to ensure they maintain the appearance of a world class manufacturing environment
- Use a scanner to enter in quality check information and disposition product according to results
- Monitor SCADA and stack lights for alarms
- Perform basic troubleshooting at the HCM
- HS Diploma
- Must score a 100 or less on Color Test
- Must have passing scores of 4 on all required Work Keys (Math, Reading, Locating, and Observation) and a 36 on Bennett Mechanical Testing
- Basic computer skills
- Lift, push, pull, objects up to 35 lbs
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.