Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Guangzhou Nansha Ltd was established in April 2003, expanding Lonza’s global presence for chemical manufacturing and life science ingredients.
Operational Buyer indirect, will provide a buying service to all Lonza employees requiring indirect goods/ services and CAPEX (where relevant) for the group of sites in scope.
- Review and validate Purchase Requisition for indirect products/services & CAPEX (where relevant) for several sites;
- Manage competitive bid process (per applicable policy) and/or execute RFx market interventions;
- Support Strategic buyers in negotiating low value contracts with suppliers;
- Ensure contracts and Purchase orders are assigned to relevant preferred suppliers (if possible);
- Place Purchase Orders, obtain order confirmations and expedite orders to ensure on-time delivery for several sites;
- Maintain relevant data fields in SAP (e.g. delivery dates and supplier order confirmations);
- Manage non-conformance, rejections & returns with suppliers and Quality Assurance and Quality Control;
- Monitor & track supplier performance and raise issues with strategic buyers and/or category managers;
- Promote the use of e-catalogue (Ariba) and other approved buying channels which generate automation;
- Respond to AP enquiries;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree Business, Economics, Engineering, Procurement;
- Supply Chain Experience in the API, Chemical or pharmaceutical business;
- Experience and knowledge of both Operational Procurement and Purchasing of indirect products;
- Experience managing and improving the performance of suppliers delivering in china and suppliers delivering from China to Europe; Experience of managing suppliers and carrying out low value negotiations;
- Good knowledge of SAP;
- Fluent in Chinese and English, German would be ideal but not a must;
- Experience working in an international context (European in particular);
- Able to prioritize and deal with pressure.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.