Production Operator mRNA
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have recently been confirmed as the global manufacturing partner for Moderna’s vaccine against the novel coronavirus, providing a tenfold manufacturing capacity increase. As other businesses face increasing economic uncertainty, we are fortunate to have opportunities for expansion. Through this new collaboration, our work will have a significant, direct and long-term impact on the management of this global pandemic.
Due to continued growth at Lonza Geleen, we have the exciting opening for a Production Operators to join us on a full-time basis. In this role you will be responsible for the manufacturing of mRNA products in accordance with GMP (good manufacturing practice) regulations. You will be required to be flexible with working hours and weekends as this role includes shift work. Training is provided; although a MLO degree is a plus to become a Production Operator mRNA.
- Carry out tours in accordance with the operating regulations
- Keep manufacturing records
- Carry out basic operations to ensure the production process
- Get to know the logistical processes
- Learning how to deal with changing biological and chemical substances, dangers and risks
- Support with technical activities regarding the production process
- Acquiring basic knowledge of the production process and the interrelationships of a workplace
- Getting to know the main and secondary tasks of the work activities (biotech associates, production engineers, QA, etc.).
- Preferred MLO degree.
- Flair for accuracy, cleanliness, physical and mental flexibility, ability to work in a team
- Good perception to implement what has been learned, follow exactly the guidelines
- Understanding of safety and quality requirements
- GMP experience is a big plus
- Able to work in flexible working shifts in a fast-paced environment
- Team player, good communication skills, hands-on approach
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.