Associate Product Manager, Cell Biology
United States, Walkersville (Maryland)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is actively recruiting for an Associate Product Manager for our Durham and Walkersville locations. The Associate Product Manager will support business value chain related activities for cell biology portfolio of primary cells and/or specialty culture media for primary cell culture, including demand planning and supply chain support, product life cycle management, portfolio trend reporting, and internal product launch related activities. Assist Senior Product Management to orchestrate product strategy implementation across the entire value chain by interfacing with operations, marketing, and sales to achieve customer satisfaction and profit objectives. Learn and develop core skills in product and portfolio management and digital marketing under the mentorship of senior team members.
- Manage inventory, monitor customer reserves and support sales to ensure revenue volume and margin targets are consistently met and escalate concerns and required adjustments.
- Assist with the forecasting process to provide a vital link between sales forecasts and production quantities in close interaction with senior team members to address demand exceptions, forecast new products and assist with prioritization in the event of supply challenges.
- Support product launches and discontinuations with Senior Product Manage
- Management of online Product Information Database to maintain and update existing and new products for online display, thereby implementing a solid SEO strategy and positive customer user experience.
- Support Senior Product Managers with content review and creation to build digital-friendly content for designated portfolio for use in digital marketing campaigns and individual tactical marketing campaigns such as trade shows, industry conferences and expert panels, SEA google ads etc.
- Respond promptly and directly to routine technical and business questions.
- Support the Global Sales teams through regular communication, including participation in regional and global sales meeting..
- Support senior team members in annual pricing review assuring proper product positioning and profitability across the portfolio in all direct region.
- Work within the safety, FDA, ISO 9001 requirements of the associated production sites and legal entities.
- Manage projects as assigned to achieve business objectives.
- A minimum a Master’s degree in Biology, Chemistry or Biochemistry or equivalent. PhD degree preferred.
- High analytical skills and ability to perform an in-depth evaluation of situations or data.
- Past laboratory work highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Life Science Research and Drug Discovery Markets derived from 1+ years relevant industry or academic experience or equivalent experience.
- Relevant experience in Value chain management, Marketing, Sales, Technical Support, R&D or equivalent role.
- Experience building customer relationships and understanding customer needs.
- Highly skilled working with MS Office programs such as Powerpoint, Word and Excel including ability to build and manage spreadsheets in Excel and maintain databases.
- Solid internal/external communication skills written and verbal and experience with formal presentations to senior team members as well as outside partners.
- Learning agility and ability to familiarize with new subject matter topics quickly and efficiently.
- Previous experience with routine customer or client interactions in a sales or sales support function highly desired.
- Relevant technical and market/ customer knowledge of the assigned product areas and/or target applications is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and with initiative to problem solve with some formal guidance to set and drive personal and business objectives.
- Experience managing projects in a relevant business or academic context and ability working in larger, global teams preferred.
- Formal project management training.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.