Product Manager, Cell Biology
United States, Walkersville (Maryland)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is actively recruiting for a Product Manager, Cell Biology for our Durham and Walkersville locations. The Product Manager will develop and implement global product and marketing strategies for a portfolio of primary cells with the aim to strengthen the position of primary cells as advanced in-vitro models and to replace animal models. Work within an inspired global team across all functions to drive innovation and market share gain for your portfolio. Work in close collaboration with Digital Marketing & Sales to exploit new digital communication channels for revenue growth in individual product groups, regions or accounts.
- Manage the complete life cycle and value chain of the products within the portfolio, aligning with key stakeholders across the business to deliver on customer commitments and sales and profit targets.
- Develop the go-to-market strategy for your primary cell portfolio by closely interacting with relevant stakeholders in the business such as Sales and Digital Marketing to develop and implement pricing, positioning as well as channel and communication strategies for the various global regions and market segments.
- Support the innovation strategy for the portfolio and execute required market intelligence and market development activities. Provide marketing leadership for new product development programs in close collaboration with R&D.
- Increase customer awareness of the assigned products in accordance with the global marketing strategy.
- Work with Marketing Communications and Digital Marketing to develop and implement global marketing plans across all communication channels with a focus on digital channels and automated Generate technical awareness in the appropriate departments to handle routine customer concerns and respond promptly and directly to non-routine technical and business questions.
- Generate technical awareness in the appropriate departments to handle routine customer concerns and respond promptly and directly to non-routine technical and business questions.
- Support the Global Sales teams through product trainings, customer visits and regular communication, including participation in regional and global sales meetings.
- Lead the forecasting process to provide a vital link between sales forecasts and production quantities to address demand exceptions, forecast new products and assist with prioritization in the event of supply challenges.
- Monitor performance of assigned product lines to ensure revenue, volume and margin targets are consistently met and escalate concerns and required adjustments.
- Monitor product line performance at the customer level to understand trends and identify new challenges and opportunities to inform the business strategy and go to market activities.
- Provide regular reports as requested by business leadership.
- Understand the assigned portfolio at all levels and keep key stakeholder groups (Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Finance) apprised at all times of new developments and opportunities.
- Work within the safety, FDA, ISO 9001 requirements of the associated production sites and legal entities.
- Master’s degree in Biology, Chemistry or Biochemistry or equivalent, PhD level preferred.
- Knowledge of Life Science Research and Drug Discovery Markets derived from 5 plus years relevant industry or academic experience.
- Works on complex product and sales issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Intermediate experience in Marketing, Sales, Technical Support or equivalent role with relevant experience.
- Previous experience with developing global marketing campaigns including digital channels and digital best practices.
- Previous experience with product positioning, pricing in different regions, and product innovations and new product introductions.
- Demonstrated highly effective internal/external communication skills, written and verbal, and experience with formal presentations to various levels of seniority within an organization.
- Demonstrated success at building customer relationships and understanding customer needs.
- Relevant technical and market/ customer knowledge in the area of cell biology research is preferred.
- Past laboratory work highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently to set and drive personal and business objectives.
- Demonstrated success managing projects in a relevant business context. Formal project management training highly desired.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.