Production Assembler/Technician (Contingent Worker - 12 months)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Kingston, Ontario is actively seeking a Production Assembler/Technician (Contingent Worker - 12 months) to help with the assembly and testing of cutting edge technology such as the Cocoon® Platform. The responsibilities include: removing parts from inventory, inspecting parts for quality, prepare required tools, fixtures and test equipment, assemble product, test for performance, and package. Measurements, assembly, record keeping among other activities, will require your continued precision, focus and care.
We are looking for individuals who enjoy the manufacturing/production environment and being hands-on.
**Competitive Hourly Pay** Possibility of going full-time.
- Working hygienically in a controlled environment
- Maintaining accurate documentation and record keeping
- Work within a self-directed team environment
- Precision in: Measurements, Assembly, Testing (as per protocols), Record Keeping, Hygiene, Health & Safety
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read technical documentation
- Ability to use tools, fixtures, and test equipment
- Working experience in a manufacturing/operations/production role
- Must enjoy the manufacturing environment and being hands-on
- Computer skills, MS Office
- Company Quality System Training
- Company specified health and safety training
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.