Supervisor, Quality Control
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville, is actively seeking a Supervisor of Quality Control. This role is responsible for providing management of the QC Endotoxin Detection Laboratory. This role will be responsible for the supervision of team members including but not limited to work distribution, scheduling, training, answering of questions related to work, assistance in solving problems, etc. Includes personnel functions such as salaries, discipline, promotions, timesheets, etc. Also provides guidance and direction over individuals who proceed on their own initiative in compliance with policies, practices, and procedures prescribed by their immediate supervisor. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining solutions. Acts as supervisor to subordinates to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develops and administers budgets, schedules and performance requirements.
- Supervise day-to-day operation of QC Endotoxin Detection Laboratory.
- Attend meetings and preparation and monitoring of department budgets
- Participate in Customer and Regulatory Audits
- Resolve Problems.
- Delegate Projects
- Hire, train and conduct evaluations of department personnel
- Conduct Periodic Staff Meetings
- Maintain adherence to company policies and procedures
- Provide monthly department reports
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences (preferably an advanced degree) or related discipline.
- Substantial professional experience in a laboratory environment, sales, management or technical services.
- Laboratory experience and knowledge of LAL methodologies.
- Personnel interview/ review administration, computer skills (spreadsheet, database, word processing), strong management skills, training skills
- Written communication, public speaking, team building skills, independent work skills, strong work ethic, time management, good organization skills, stress management, professional image, decision making skills.
- Diplomacy, negotiation skills, team building skills, independent work skills, coaching, delegating skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.