Operator, GFT Sr. Relief
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Senior Relief Operator is responsible for preparing gelatin feed tanks to supply the Hard Capsule Machines, while meeting gelatin standards and customer specifications. The Sr. Relief Operator serves as a backup resource for all jobs within GFT operations to include equipment cleaning, filling, dye prep, GFT operator, Relief operator, Melt Operator, and will occasionally backfill the Shift Leader. Sr. Relief operator should also demonstrate flexibility, collaboration, and leadership.
- Must be capable of successfully performing all GFT operators roles and responsibilities and act as an OJT for new colleagues.
- Must demonstrate leadership to other colleagues in the department and fill-in for the shift leader during absences.
- Must be flexible in work schedules and job assignments.
- Prepare gelatin feed tanks that are used on the HCM machines to produce capsules
- Manages all activities as needed within Gel Melt/Dye Prep
- Responsible for trim recycling and GFT tank pulling
- Maintains production records as required by Good Manufacturing Practices
- Performs basic maintenance on equipment
- Accountable for departmental housekeeping duties including cleaning floors and equipment at the end of each shift.
- High school graduate or GED
- Lift, push, pull, objects up to 50 lbs
- Must score a 100 or less on Color Test
- Must have passing scores on all required Work Keys and Bennett Mechanical Testing
- Basic computer skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.