Head of HR Services, APAC
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a Head of HR Services, APAC, to be based in Singapore. This exciting opportunity will see you take on responsibility for leading and managing HR Service advisors, Pay & Time operations and Work Force Administration in the region but fully connected globally. You will play an active role in cultivating a end- to- end employee services mindset and driving operations excellence in alignment with Global HR Operations initiatives and APAC stakeholders.
- Directs plans and manages HR Services teams APAC in accordance with the organization’s strategic direction.
- Ensures there is a positive internal and external working relationship within the HR Services team and with our employees and partners by frequently communicating and soliciting feedback with all involved parties and by measuring customer satisfaction.
- Delivers globally aligned HR services, procedures and processes that are in compliance with our SLA and considered value added, measurable, directly tied to business objectives and aimed at providing a great employee experience.
- Actively contributes to the global HR Servicing strategy.
- Manages HR Services team performance and group commitments to goals and objectives and measures results to improve transactional efficiencies.
- Assumes ownership for performance against business objectives for areas of regional and global responsibility.
- Interacts and works closely with leadership to identify deliverable gaps and possible solutions. Works closely with other regional HR teams such as Total Rewards, HR Business Partners, HR COE’s, etc., on issues that relate to and may need to involve the HR Services team.
- Staffs, manages and motivates a team of direct reports based in the APAC region. Actively engage in problem/conflict resolution, coaching and counseling, training and development.
- Participates in negotiations with third party provider contracts, and maintains a guiding presence on Lonza’s regional governance committees. Runs required governance bodies to ensure stakeholder involvement.
- Responsible for maintaining all compliance requirements of HR transactional processes.
- Bachelor Degree with significant years of experience managing HR shared services, including payroll.
- Good knowledge of employment laws, regulations, market practices and general business environment.
- Experience in leading teams in Asia.
- Demonstrated stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Mindset of continuous improvement, LEAN experience is an asset.
- Analytical mindset with very high attention to detail.
- Innovative thinking and solution-oriented.
- Agility and flexibility in a fast changing environment / change readiness.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Office 365).
- Project management experience will be an advantage.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.