Facilities MRO Inventory Coordinator
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Bioscience has an exciting opening for a Facilities MRO Inventory Coordinator in Walkersville, MD. The Maintenance Repair and Operating Supplies (MRO) Inventory Coordinator is responsible for the development and management of the MRO inventory to maximize material availability and maintain proper stocking levels. This position supports site personnel in the proper selection and issuing of materials. Identifies and implements improvements in the MRO inventory system to maintain proper inventory information including managing material certifications. This person is also responsible to represent the Spare Parts MRO area in meetings and projects. Maintains SAP Master Data for Technical Objects.
- Maintains SAP PM module to ensure part information is accurate including reorder points and part information
- Works with vendors and Finance to ensure invoices and part numbers are correct, maintains material certificates
- Assists in kitting and receiving of materials as necessary
- Performs cycle counts as required by the Finance/Accounting Departments
- Supports personnel in proper selection and issuing of materials
- In conjunction with Maintenance Planner and SAP/Maintenance Coordinator performs SAP Master
- Data updates and reviews according to GMP regulations.
- Attends weekly meetings as necessary for parts changes and completes related paperwork
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Engineering Field and/or High School Diploma with relevant working experience in a cGMP environment.
- Working experience in MRO Store Room. SAP experience a plus. Barcoding, scanning or RFID tagging experience preferred.
- A working knowledge of store room functionality and inventory. Mechanical ability necessary.
- Management of material certifications. Daily management of specialized tools. Knowledge of handling and managing the storage of cGMP maintenance parts and assemblies and documentation.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, excellent written and communication skills.
- SAP PM Module experience necessary. Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Diplomacy, negotiation skills, written and oral communication, team building skills, independent work skills, strong work ethic.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.