Competitive Intelligence Specialist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In this entry level position, you will work on competitive intelligence initiatives projects for the Lonza Pharma & Biotech to support commercial business and marketing strategy. This includes ongoing core activities to compile and evaluate information about competitors as well as ad-hoc analysis.
The position will interface directly with the Head of Market & Competitive Intelligence and works closely with other Senior Managers, Managers and Directors mainly from MI & CI, Commercial Development and Sales in projects and analyses in a fast-paced entrepreneurial work environment.
- Execute competitive intelligence for the assigned markets and technologies to support the Business Unit teams
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research on competitors and their capabilities and offerings; develop insights and provide recommendations to support the business activities. The insights are to be based on secondary and occasionally primary market research, i.e. publicly available competitor, brand and market information, focus groups and conference intelligence using ethical and legal techniques
- Ensure high quality data management and integration into Lonza`s data platforms
- Support the development and maintenance of a CI knowledge center together with the business intelligence team
- Bachelor's Degree essential, MBA or PhD is a plus - Preferred area of study: Biology, Chemistry or business with focus on statistics / IT
- Knowledge of data handling, database modelling, Experience with database management is desirable
- Basic understanding of the commercial business activity and the impact of market intelligence on business results
- Proven organizational skills and multitasking
- Highly analytical with an ability to evaluate and work with complex data
- Project management skills and an ability to work with cross-functional teams to establish deliverables and timelines
- Expert level in Office (especially Excel) and PowerBI
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.