Sr. Software Engineer
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is hiring a Remote Sr. Software Engineer to join our team of experienced professionals that are responsible for designing and building new functionality for our customers. As a senior software engineer, you will be responsible for designing, programming, and testing production, pre-production and prototype software applications. You will coordinate with cross functional teams to update software solutions. The ideal candidate will have the ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills.
- Work with Product Ownership to understand technical and business requirements and subsequently develop them into working features
- Participate in planning and design sessions
- Convert user stories into functioning prototypes
- Architect and design solutions that are performant and maintainable
- Work closely with Quality Assurance Engineers to ensure and enforce software quality
- Provide guidance to junior team members on various technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience developing enterprise level software
- Solid Understanding of VueJs, React or similar front end framework
- Creative engineering balanced with high quality and a customer focus
- Strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions
- Must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time
- Experience with Git or other version control systems
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.