Clinical Application Scientist
Clinical Application Scientist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As a member of the Lonza – Personalized Medicine Clinical Application Team, you will work in a high-performing, cross-functional team with the goal of developing, transferring and supporting scalable processes for autologous cell therapies using a novel manufacturing system. You will be responsible for working with various Lonza groups globally, as well as with clinical and research centers within their geographical territory, to assure progress and stability of cell therapy projects. Routine activities will include instrument demonstrations, customer trainings, and technical transfer of cellular therapy processes, while providing technical support and assay guidance to Personalized Medicine’s partners and customers. In addition, you will generate reports, execute experimental studies, analyze data, support the execution of development and manufacturing activities, and provide additional support to other departments as required (Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Program Management). You will also be expected to evaluate and recommend new technologies to enhance efficiencies of processes and scale.
- Plans and performs demonstrations and trainings for the Cocoon® Platform, eventual tech transfer of cell therapy processes, and ongoing support of Personalized Medicine customers/collaborators
- Critically analyzes processes for improvement and scalability. Utilizes expertise in upstream production, harvest, and recovery technologies to establish and optimize new processes for manufacturing
- Compiles and analyzes data, troubleshoots processes, and summarizes results in high-quality reports supported with appropriate laboratory records.
- Independently designs and executes experiments. Interprets results and proposes next steps.
- Helps create and revise task orders for contractual relationships. Supports new client development.
- Delivers results in a timely fashion, communicates effectively, and maintains effective communication with cross-functional teams and collaborators
- Supports a collaborative work environment through the sharing of knowledge and experience within his/her area of responsibility
- Member of advisory committee for continual improvement of service procedures
- Member of the customer support team, which assists with resolution of customer complaints and maintaining customer satisfaction
- Collects and relays customer complaints, feedback, and ideas to their appropriate departments.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the cell therapy field through continued research and trainings
- Promotes the Cocoon® Platform to the cellular therapy community through seminars, conference attendance, contribution to publications, etc.
- Capable of traveling 50+% of the time
- Master’s Degree for Biology, Immunology, or other relevant field
- 0-4 years Capital equipment applications support or suitable alternative experience
- Valid passport/visa for international work
- Computer skills, MS Office
- Comfort with hands-on work with capital equipment
- Laboratory skills relevant to production of cellular therapies – cell culture, flow cytometric analysis, bioreactor use, etc.
- Troubleshooting skills – electrical, mechanical, software
- Ability to work in clean environments
- Attention to detail
- Thorough and clear documentation skills
- Systematic and organized workflow
- Independent task management and ability to make decisions
- Communication skills for relaying information to Lonza and customers
- Willingness to travel – 50%
- Good English, Japanese and Chinese (Mandarin) literacy written and verbal
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.