Sr Manager Warehouse Operations
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of. Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opening for a Senior Manager Warehouse Operations at their Portsmouth, NH Location.
The Sr Manager provide leadership, coaching, development & daily support to the Warehouse Operations team to ensure all operational activities within the Goods in, Warehousing, Dispensary, Raw Material Sampling, Forward Pick Area (FPA), Inventory Control and Shipping areas are performed in a safe, cGMP compliant manner at all times. Implement strategies to further enhance the Logistics operation while ensuring alignment to site, sector and company goals. Sr. Managers define and implement procedures and policies within Warehouse operation to ensure audit/ inspection readiness at all times. Represent the Logistics operation on the Supply Chain Leadership team and during all customer meetings and audits/ Regulatory inspections. Implement appropriate tracking tools to ensure achievement of all department KPIs. Lead a safe, controlled work environment in all areas of responsibility while being aware of the site safety objectives and making sure these are communicated and understood by all staff.
- Identifies Warehouse/ Logistics responsibilities, work to be performed and timelines pertaining to area of responsibility
- Understand regulatory requirements and Lonza policies pertaining to the area of responsibility. Ensure Warehouse/ Logistics policies or procedures are appropriate and establish and/or revise, as necessary. Provide support to the broader Supply Chain to ensure regulatory and customer inspection readiness and represent the department and participate in audits as required.
- Develop and implement new strategies and process improvements to support the changing environment within the Supply Chain.
- Ensure personnel are appropriately deployed to ensure the timely flow of materials through the Supply Chain operations to support production and laboratories
- Collaborate and prioritize with Supply Chain leaders, other departments and/or customers to create an achievable work schedule and to ensure agreed upon timelines are met.
- Measures throughput, performance and other appropriate metrics and report them to management.
- Develop the technical and leadership skills of Warehouse/ Logistics personnel and perform mid-year and annual reviews of supervised Warehouse/ Logistics personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degrees in Business Administration, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field preferred
- Advanced working experience in Supply Chain/ Warehouse/ Logistics, with strong experience in people leadership, GMP preferred
- Experience in Inventory Management and Inventory Control.
- Extensive knowledge of ERP/MRP Systems or equivalent.
- APICS, CPIM or Lean/Six Sigma Certifications preferred
- Computer skills, proven people leadership, facilitation skills, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong people management experience, coach and mentor, attention to detail, displays a calm approach leader responsibilities, develops good working relationships with team and customers, practices safety awareness at all times, ability to find creative solutions to issues and obstacles
- This leadership role required the successful incumbent to successfully lead the organization through leaders and individual contributors who are direct reports. This role is required to inspire and compel excellence in performance in the Supply Chain team and broader Portsmouth Site’s organization through visible energy, enthusiasm and creditability
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.