Senior Plant Engineer Ibex™ (m/w/d)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For Ibex™ Solutions, our recently launched unique biological manufacturing and development concept in Visp, Switzerland, we have multiple openings. Become part of this exciting opportunity and join our team by applying for the position as Plant Engineer Ibex™. In this role, you will manage the assigned team members. You will implement and develop the current maintenance strategy to ensure the required plant availability considering cost effectiveness. You have to initiate, prepare and manage feasibility and engineering studies, projects and investments. You have the authority to give directives concerning engineering and maintenance in the operational area. You are responsible to maintain the qualification status (regarding cGMP and safety) of the production plants and to support production managers in engineering and maintenance topics.
- Implementation and development of the current maintenance strategy to ensure the required plant availability considering cost-effectiveness
- Initiation, preparation and management of feasibility and engineering studies, projects and investments
- Maintaining qualification status (regarding safety and cGMP) of production plants
- Representing qualification during inspections by authorities and customer audits
- Supporting the production managers in engineering and maintenance topics
- Representation and taking over delegated duties from the Head of Plant Engineering Ibex™
- Consistent recording and maintaining data of functional locations, equipment and spare parts, spare part lists, instruction manuals and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), etc.
- Maintaining history and records in SAP and COMOS
- Authority (to give directives) concerning engineering and maintenance in the assigned operational area
- Jointly responsible for preparation and supervision of budgets (maintenance, change-over, lump sum projects and investments)
- Continuously work on potential improvement of internal processes and assure innovation
- Personnel resource planning of teams to ensure plant availability and project progress (incl. feasibility and engineering
- Training of the maintenance team regarding process and equipment knowledge, technical training as well as safety, hygiene, environment and quality (cGMP)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (University for Applied Science, Technical University). Preferred area of study: Mechanical Engineering, Chemical- or Biological Process Engineering
- Leadership experience is required; independent and flexible work; strong team player; very good communication skills
- Several years of experience in GMP and in maintenance of pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical plants
- Knowledge of COMOS and SAP is desirable
- Structured, focused and very well organized work behavior; reliable and resilient; solution-oriented and open to new ideas; agile, creative and highly motivated
- Excellent communication & organizational skills, self- motivation, open-mindedness and solution orientation are essential for this position
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in German and English
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.