QA Validation Engineer
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza has an opening for a Sr. Quality Assurance Validation Engineer in our Bend, OR location. The role will support implementation and continuous improvement of Quality Systems. This is a great opportunity to join a team that produces life-saving and life enhancing pharmaceuticals.
- Support the qualification of process and facility equipment, analytical instruments, and computer systems, as well as cleaning and process validation
- Write, execute, review and approve validation protocols, reports, and system lifecycle documents
- Collaborate across functions, including MSAT, QC, Development, Engineering/Automation, IT, QA, and Vendors, as required, to execute qualifications and validations
- Perform assessments as part of change and risk management
- Participate in client and regulatory audits
- Assist with investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective and preventative action, as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- Significant experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology or related industry, as well as Quality Assurance
- Cleaning Validation/Process Validation experience preferred
- Experience with commissioning/qualification of equipment, change management or change control experience
- Independent and flexible worker that can readily adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated attention to detail and excellent oral and written communication skills
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.