Site Materials Requirements Planner
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Geleen is looking for a Site Materials Requirements Planner to join our Supply Chain team. The Materials Requirements Planner Performs all duties to ensure the Materials Requirements Plans are completed to ensure the timely availability of materials to support the Supply Plan Responsible. This to liaise with all key functions to ensure timely updates to material plans considering changes to plans or material availability issues Execution of key tasks to support inventory plans and optimization initiatives
- Perform all routine tasks to convert planned orders into material plans including the creation and management of material planned requirements.
- Liaison with Supply Planner and Schedulers to ensure all material plans are up to date and responsive to changes in material requirements.
- Creation and maintenance of detailed material planning parameters in Planning systems.
- Liaison with procurement to agree conversion of the material requirements plan into Purchase Orders.
- Expediting material availability through liaison with procurement and teams involved with inbound material processing.
- Creation and management of material related KPIs and measures to ensure accurate understanding of material availability.
- Execution of key material availability, mobilization or write actions to support optimal management of inventory.
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain or Business Management.
- Proven experience in the ability to influence both Supply Chain and functional leaders to support inventory management/ strategy recommendations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define metrics (KPI’s) and identify issues through root cause analysis
- Be competent using MS Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- The ability to utilize Business Intelligence systems to extract data and generate reports
- CPIM qualification, ideally issued by APICS.
- The ability to challenge the status quo and looks for opportunities to make improvements in the area of the business and beyond
- Process improvement orientated, Observe gabs and initiate processed to bridge those gabs.
- Embrace new initiatives and drives successful implementation in this area
- Extensive experience with ERP, SAP.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.