Elastomer Change Mechanic
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Facilities Maintenance Mechanic III provides support to the Engineering Services group by operating and performing daily checks on Direct and Indirect Maintenance equipment/systems and performs troubleshooting and repairs in compliance with company and departmental SOPs. Individual will work in a fast-paced, safety-oriented, team environment and must have a working knowledge of Maintenance equipment/systems, become proficient at troubleshooting and repairing at least three Maintenance equipment/systems and become a system expert (demonstrate a complete understanding of the theory of operation and system design) of at least two Maintenance systems. Individual will become a technical trainer of at least one piece of equipment. Individual will maintain records to comply with Good Manufacturing Practice requirements to include detailed documentation of work performed in both electronic and written form and will routinely use SAP, DMS and electronic Quality Management System.
- PERFORMS ALL WORK SAFELY.
- Executes routine preventative maintenance work orders as assigned by Maintenance and Operations Supervisor/Lead Mechanic.
- Executes troubleshooting and repairs of Direct and Indirect Maintenance equipment and systems in the Portsmouth facility and maintains areas of responsibility in a state of inspection readiness at all times.
- Maintains records to comply with Good Manufacturing Practice requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining current training on all related aspects of job
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a maintenance related environment.
- Experience in Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry performing equipment maintenance activities preferred.
- Intermediate mechanical knowledge.
- A working knowledge of shop math, ability to read and write.
- Can utilize troubleshooting & hand tools.
- Ability to learn to read complex mechanical drawings.
- Basic computer skills are required. The ability to comprehend and apply Standard Operating Procedures on a continual basis in all facets of the job. A working knowledge of shop math, ability to read and write. Basic mechanical knowledge
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.