Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Scientist to join our team of experts in Analytical Services. This is a lab based position performing a wide range of analytical methods including HPLC, electrophoresis, spectrophotometry and general characteristic analysis for assessing the stability of therapeutic proteins.
We are recruiting both permanent and Fixed term contract roles.
The remit of the Scientist is to perform a wide range of analytical methods including HPLC (e.g. size exclusion, ion exchange), electrophoresis, spectrophotometry and general characteristic analysis (e.g. visual appearance, pH, Osmolality) for the purpose of assessing the stability of therapeutic proteins. All work is expected to be carried out in a safe and compliant manner in accordance with local EHS (Environmental Health & Safety) policies and cGMP (Commercial Good Manufacturing Practice) guidelines.
- Perform experimental work to assess the stability of therapeutic proteins
- Ensure all work is carried out in a safe and compliant manner
- Plan and complete assigned tasks within the required timeframe
- Liaise with operators and study directors to close out technical review of assays
- Interpret data against specifications and identify trends within data
- BSc/MSc in relevant scientific discipline or relevant previous experience
- Previous experience working in laboratory and demonstrated experience of working in a contract research environment
- Good knowledge and understanding of analytical methods
- Good awareness of cGMP guidelines and how adherence to GMP impacts the way we work
- Familiar with a range of analytical methods such as HPLC
- Desire to learn and willing to impart knowledge
- Self-motivated and keen to learn
- Previous experience in similar role will be beneficial
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.