Program Manager, Innovation
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Bioscience has an exciting opportunity to join our Informatics team as a Program Manager, Innovation. This individual coordinates and manages all aspects of the business units product development projects from initiation to delivery. Specific responsibilities include: Release planning and management, collaborating on, creating and maintaining software roadmaps, creating project schedule and tracking progress, preparing and overseeing proper stage gate documentation, serving as primary contact with internal stakeholders to ensure proper communication, problem solving, logistical support, representing the project team in internal and external meetings, and identifying hurdles within the project and proposing options for resolution (risk management).
This individual can be based anywhere in the United States (East Coast is highly preferred).
- Leadership position within project management.
- Management of inter-connected projects, with specific responsibilities in coordinating cross-project activities, deciding on suitable strategies and objectives, in partnership with informatics operations, marketing & business development.
- Leads the creation of program roadmaps by working with Informatics operations, marketing, and business development in creating an innovation implementation plan to meet the strategic vision.
- Leads the user story creation and iteration management in AzureDevOps
- In collaboration with Operations, marketing and business development, implement the strategic initiatives associated with roadmap planning.
- Responsible for release planning and management to achieve the roadmap.
- Collaborates with Sales and Marketing to keep product sales information current and provides input/content for marketing materials and planning
- Collaborates with implementation to ensure consistent understanding and delivery of new features to customers.
- Responsible for ensuring product documentation is current and consistent
- Supporting Voice of Customer projects
- Provides reporting and metrics to ensure and measure consistent software delivery
- Leads and manages the program(s) from project schedules and program plan to show dependencies between projects and tracking progress.
- Preparing and overseeing proper stage gate documentation, champions program to garner internal support for the program and individual projects, serving as primary contact with internal stakeholders to ensure proper communication, problem solving and logistical support, representing the project team in internal and external meetings, and proactively identifying hurdles within the project and proposing options for resolution (risk management).
- Lead projects in other sub business units as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Direct experience managing complex projects
- PMP Certification (preferred)
- Significant Project/Program Management experience
- Significant experience implementing software systems and performing tasks in a regulated or pharmaceutical production environment
- Core background in laboratory and/or manufacturing systems (i.e. MODA, LIMS/LES, MES)
- SDLC process management
- Core Computer IT Skills and capability to learn advanced IT skills in the following: SQL Server/Oracle, Crystal Reports, Software/Testing Lifecycle
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.