Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible to oversee the production of therapeutic proteins (API) under cGMP conditions. Supervisors are expected to plan and prepare for production, schedule tasks, and assign duties to operators to meet the production schedule, assess production records and meet release timelines to deliver quality product to our customers. Supervisors are expected to set the example safety and compliance for their teams, and demonstrate expertise and breadth of knowledge in executing process recipes across a variety of production activities. They own performance and the quality of the work of the team, ensuring adherence to written procedures (SOPs), housekeeping, 6S, daily management system (DMS), monitoring equipment and processes, laboratory tasks, product sampling, and equipment sanitization tasks to maintain facility are performed to the expected standards. Supervisors are expected to train and coach their team members, review and manage performance, and support career development for employees. They are expected to demonstrate expertise and technical leadership in cGMP compliance and an in-depth understanding of process flow and be able to make decisions based on that experience. Supervisors are able to coordinate activities across multiple departments to troubleshoot complex and non-routine equipment events, communicate effectively, initiate assess and close low minor deviations, review batch records and logbooks. May be asked to assume responsibilities for covering Manager absences/vacations.
- Deliver to Plan: Lead and direct the safety, quality, and daily production operations for suite. Oversee all tasks on the floor as they are carried out and provide assistance and troubleshooting where required. Coordinate with other departments to ensure on time delivery of the production schedule.
- Monitor and coach staff to ensure full compliance with GMP and Quality system requirements. Responsible for overall inspection readiness and compliance with quality requirements. Lead and oversee the on time completion of document review (batch record, logbook, SOPs) for completeness, clarity, accuracy to support on-time release of batches with minimal errors.
- Coach, teach, train and develop employees through 1:1 meetings, performance review and management, and career planning activities. Support recruiting, staffing, hiring, onboarding performance management, promotion and discipline of operators as appropriate. Maintain individual training plan and ensure team remains up to date with training readiness.
- Administrative tasks – leading shift exchange, assigning duties, attending meetings, sending/receiving emails, participating in continuous improvement projects. Demonstrate strong technical writing abilities (deviation initiations, SOP creation, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- AS/BS; HS Diploma or equivalent may be considered with relevant experience
- Manufacturing; GMP setting preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Proven logic and decision making abilities, critical thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Support organizational change, staff hiring and training
- Continuous Improvement activities
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievments themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.