Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The role of the Maintenance Planner is to help improve work force productivity, increase the efficiency/quality of maintenance work performed, and assist with preparation of maintenance execution work packages. This is achieved by being part of a cross-functional team with the objective of eliminating potential delays through planning, allocation and coordination of labor resources (direct and contractor), accounting for required parts, permits and tagout requirements This also includes estimating equipment/systems access durations for maintenance activities.
- Interacts with maintenance schedulers, technicians, shift leads, & work center supervisors to identify key criteria to aid in the scheduling of maintenance work. Prioritization of work packages, plan resource commitments, verify parts needed are still available after planning.
- Obtains updates of completed work from the various site trade groups for confirmation of work completions or to determine reason for inability of maintain the schedule. Manages tracking of open work requests and work packages that have been planned and are awaiting scheduling.
- Performs post-job assessments with Maintenance Schedulers to refine and optimize planned labor hours, parts required, and equipment access times for future cost and labor savings.
- Prepares, sends, and updates critical maintenance scheduling communications to team members. Conducts meetings related to both planning and scheduling in order to ensure good communication within team. Assists in documentation of assigned actions and follows up to ensure timely completions by others
- Highly skilled in prioritizing assignments, establishing effective working relationships. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Solid understanding of inter-department maintenance operations. Proficient at driving methods of change in achieving productivity improvement goals.
- Performs other duties as required to improve efficiencies of internal MPG department workflow processes, update core maintenance process SOPs, planning support of small and large scale Capital Projects (Global and local)
- Maintains CMMS database Master data including updates to maintenance plans and spare part requirements. Develops and maintains tracking spreadsheets to provide performance metrics and trend analysis of the maintenance organization
- Completes all required trainings. Delivers training and prepares training content pertaining to the tactical use of the CMMS by internal users of the maintenance system
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional teams. Business systems and mechanical knowledge a plus
- Basic knowledge of CMMS systems, preferably SAP Plant Maintenance module. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, exposure to cGMP guiding work practices and principles
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.