Strategic Buyer - Capex
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Strategic Buyer- Capex to be join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
The Strategic Buyer- Capex will provide a Procurement service to all Lonza employees requiring indirect goods/services in CAPEX category.
Ensure all indirect third party spend goes through the relevant buying channel and internal review procedures are followed to maximize value for Lonza.
You will ensure that relevant contracts are in place for assigned projects, as per internal policies and guidelines supported by Legal Department, Supports implementation of procurement strategies.
This role will be on an initial 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Implement Sourcing Strategies for CAPEX sub categories;
- Create and manages tenders/RFx events on in order to select a source of supply aligned with established criteria;
- Challenge stakeholders preference around single source model of sourcing practices
- Deliver sufficient QA panels, negotiations, TCO’s analyses; bid comparisons;
- Drive the preparation of competitive bids, quotations and proposals with pertinent specifications, terms and conditions;
- Deliver benefits of value enhancement projects through optimum sourcing methods and/or process improvements;
- Drive Stakeholder Management of range of internal, external and connected groups based Locally and Globally;
- Hold regular Business partnering meetings with stakeholders to understand the immediate and future needs from the organization;
- Provide support to resolve issues, identify opportunities and deliver targets related to budget requirements;
- Drive negotiations of relevant contracts with internal stakeholders, suppliers and Legal Department;
- Support new supplier qualification and onboarding as required ensuring Lonza’s payment terms are adhered to,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need you to have:
- Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Procurement or Supply Chain
- Experience and knowledge of both Operational Procurement and Purchasing of Indirect goods/services/CAPEX
- Experience of carrying out end-to-end sourcing process;
- Experience of managing suppliers and carrying out negotiations;
- Able to persuade and influence suppliers to achieve best outcome for Lonza;
- Hands on experience of using MS Word, Excel, Outlook; Microsoft Teams, Zoom;
- Is able to plan and prioritise their work;
- Is able to communicate effectively with suppliers and staff at all levels
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.