Senior Strategic Buyer
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Strategic Buyer to join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
The Senior Strategic Buyer will collaborate effectively with the Central Procurement team to deliver value to site stakeholders and partner across sites to ensure business continuity and that Procurement meet site business needs.
You will also manage supplier relationships and performance at site level at the relevant Lonza sites, including providing purchasing expertise in tendering, negotiation, contracting and purchasing systems.
- Collaborate effectively with the Central Procurement team to deliver value and continuous improvements:
- Support Central Category manager with category strategy development (e.g. provide site current and future business needs)
- Implementation and execution of category strategies at site level
- Support the execution of sourcing initiatives for delegated spend across assigned sites.
- Provide purchasing expertise in tendering, negotiation tactics, planning and contracting
- Support global & regional sourcing efforts
- Support the optimization of transactional costs & efficiency of procurement activities (e.g. automation rates)
- Support standardization of specifications across sites and regions
- Track country savings performance and identify potential savings, risks & opportunities
- Drive utilization of on-line catalogues, E-Auctions and other leading edge sourcing tools
- Ensure business continuity and supply/availability of indirect materials for production
- Partner with site stakeholders to understand and support the delivery of current and future business needs
- Maintain and drive professional partnership/collaboration with suppliers
- Manage portfolio of suppliers and ensure compliance with requirements/policies
- Support comprehensive supply risk assessment across existing supplier portfolio (incl. single source, capacity constraints, financial risks, quality risks, etc…).
- Develop and implement mitigation solutions for key business risks identified
- Be aware of the supply market dynamics and changes to ensure competitiveness and supply risks are mitigated.
What we need you to have:
- Minimum BSC qualified within Business, Engineering, Procurement or Supply Chain.
- Experience and knowledge of both Operational Procurement and Strategic Buying/Category management) of consumables, services and CAPEX.
- Background within a Regulated industry: Pharmacetical, FMCG, Automotive etc. with an understanding and involvement in Quality Management Systems such as ISO 9000.
- Experienced leading a team of Buyers supporting the Lonza UK sites remotely.
- Able to persuade and influence stake holders to achieve best outcome for Lonza.
- Hands on experience of using SAP ERP and SAP Ariba (indirects only) in a purchasing/procurement role.
- Hands on experience of using Microsoft Office.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.