Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic bio manufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. You will be the primary owner of all plant infrastructure systems, including buildings, utilities, HVAC, water treatment, building automation system, CMMS, etc.
- Manage plant utilities operation and facilities maintenance (HVAC, Electrical system, Infrastructure services) within regulatory guidelines and good engineering practice context by providing a safe and efficient operating environment and to optimally manage cost and resources to ensure systems performance and business advantage.
- Enhance utility plant operation through implementation of an effective maintenance and operation program, work prioritization, complying with operational and personnel standards, regulatory and statutory requirement so as to ensure efficient, reliable and uninterrupted plant operation.
- Develop a team of competent staffs through coaching, mentoring and training by having in place a skill competencies development and appraisal program so as to strengthen the technical expertise and capabilities.
- Provide a safe operating environment by complying to all essential statutory and cooperate requirement to protect our employee, equipment and the environment.
- Ensure all work activities are carried out according to site EHS procedures; and in comply with global EHS procedures/standards
- Ensure audit readiness by complying with effective standards, regulatory/statutory and cGMP requirement to protect product and to prevent major compliance observation.
- Ensure CAPA is in place for any deviations to prevent future recurrence incident.
- Achieve financial objectives through efficient utility operation, cost improvement actions and optimal expenditure options to gain cost competitiveness.
- Drive continuous improvement by providing recommendation and initiative to promote sustainability (Energy & Water), safety, maximize asset reliability and operational cost so as to drive operation excellent in Utilities Operation.
- Manage site’s Computerized Maintenance Management System and master data in CMMS and Spare Parts
- Responsible for the Quality and Accuracy of data and records of equipment and maintenance.
- Manage Spare Parts inventory Program including Cycle counting and security of parts.
- Responsible for Planning of maintenance activities with various departments to ensure resources, parts and vendors are on site per schedule for maintenance work.
- Maintain required maintenance performance metrics and reports.
- Bachelor Degree, preferred engineering, electrical, automation or other related majors in the pharmaceutical/Biologics background.
- Above 5 years working experience in related background
- Fluent in Chinese and English, both oral and written
- GMP knowhow
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.