QC Supervisor - HPLC Analytical
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The QC Supervisor will act as a lead team member of the Quality Control department to support In-Process demand testing that supports QC and the Manufacturing process. Organizes and plans quality testing for ongoing operational material needs. Provide on-time, high quality results to meet Manufacturing demands.
The QC Supervisor is responsible for ensuring and providing a safe work environment to the staff in the execution of their work duties. The incumbent is expected to create a culture of disciplined execution and a high level of professionalism for their team while remaining focused on product quality and patient safety. The supervisor ensures safety procedures are communicated uniformly to all staff. Works on assignments that non-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Works on problems of advanced technical scope in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Scheduling, planning, and assurance of on-time delivery of routine testing in compliance with all cGMP and regulatory requirements.
- Be able to accept sudden changes in schedule and workload.
- Create a positive work environment that encourages employees towards their potential
- Creating, reviewing, and approving Quality system documentation
- Implementation of Robust Laboratory Management Systems and Continuous Improvement and enhancement of existing systems in a coordinated effort to reduce deviations
- Schedules and attends department and site related meetings to assure delivery, adherence to quality systems, continuous improvement and customer satisfaction
- Drives all projects to on-time completion by ensuring task completion and communicating potential issues to stakeholders
- Troubleshooting and resolving these issues through team efforts
- Resolving personnel issues and work place conflicts
- Changes work within their group quickly in unexpected situations
- Clearly outlines and gives instructions to analysts in their team
- Direct, control and plan tasks/projects
- Perform assigned, complex and/or varied tasks
- Bachelor's degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry or similar Scientific specialty
- Experience in a GMP environment, QC experience preferred
- Intermediate experience in a Supervisory role
- Outstanding ability to speak publicly
- Ability to manage multiple demand timelines at once with proper prioritization
- Substantial experience with HPLC's and spectrophotometers is required
- Outstanding ability to interpret data and troubleshoot assays in area of expertise
- Excellent ability to prioritize work load for group and problem solve
- Excellent ability to communicate in both written and verbal format
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.