Operator, OCT III Control Room Relief
Order Change Technician III, Control Room Relief
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This position is responsible for coordinating the order changes on hard capsule machines (HCMs) and various other equipment such as Unified, Unisor, ILD, iBox, Check weigher. This position will perform troubleshooting, conduct preventive maintenance (PM), and perform size changes on equipment as scheduled. This position is also responsible for all written and oral instructions while supporting all Operational issues. This position must be able to effectively recognize and respond to trends in the process and react based on priority. This position will follow all plant policies and safety guidelines at Lonza.
- Perform all OCT I, OCT II and OCT III job functions
- Perform all Control Room job functions (excluding non-Control Room operator curriculum)
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts, including weekends, holidays, etc.
- Must be able to work additional hours/days as business needs dictate
- Attendance in the plant site is considered an essential function.
- High school graduate or GED
- Must score 100 or below on the Color Test
- Must have passing scores on all required Work Keys and Bennett Mechanical Testing
- Lift, push, pull objects up to 50 lbs
- Good verbal communication skills and teamwork
- Intermediate computer/software knowledge (to be tested during the interview)
- Demonstrated logistical thinking and troubleshooting ability
- Experience in setting up iBox and troubleshooting Unified/Unisor
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.