Intern in EMR Engineering, PiBS HESSO
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This application is open for students that are interested in taking the Work-study Bachelor's degree program (PiBS) at HESSO Valais in collaboration with Lonza for a one year internship. Please consult with HESSO Valais before handing in your application e.g. to confirm that you are eligible for a PiBS program.
As an intern you will be strongly integrated into the team with the aim to learn all practical aspects of a EMR (electronic-, measuring-, and control engineering) engineer and to support the team on the daily business. With the appropriate supervision, your tasks may include,
- Program and configure the control of plants and machines.
- Ensuring that the plants are electronically controlled, regulated, monitored and visualized with the help of process control systems
- Provide the end user with the process data in the desired form.
- Enjoyment of interdisciplinary work and practical understanding
- Independent and flexible way of working, distinct ability to work in a team and good communication skills
- Very good knowledge of German and English
- Business-oriented thinking, willingness to change and motivation complete your profile
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.