Intern in QC Biologics, PiBS HESSO
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This application is open for students that are interested in taking the Work-study Bachelor's degree program (PiBS) at HESSO Valais in collaboration with Lonza for a one year internship. Please consult with HESSO Valais before handing in your application e.g. to confirm that you are eligible for a PiBS program.
As an intern you will be strongly integrated into the team with the aim to learn all practical aspects of a quality control scientist and to support the team on the daily business. With the appropriate supervision, your tasks may include,
- Implementation, optimization, transfer and validation of analytical methods, with a focus on HPLC, biochemistry or cell-based experiments
- Planning and co-responsibility for the execution of release analytics
- Expertise in technical and analytical issues, as well as handling of investigations, change requests and deviations under cGMP
- Extraction and evaluation of analytical data as well as writing reports and presentations
- Preparation, review and approval of documents to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines
- You are independent, responsible and have good communication and teamwork skills and enjoy interdisciplinary collaboration.
- You enjoy being part of a young, dynamic team, are committed and possess initiative.
- Good communication in German and/or English language. Speaking both language is a plus.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.