Operator, HCM QMA Lead
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In accordance with written and oral instructions, the Lead Operator will be a resource for all Manufacturing issues in Lonza Greenwood. The Lead Operator must be able to effectively recognize and respond to trends in the process and have the ability to effectively identify and correct root causes – regardless of process, gelatin, or mechanical issues. This position will follow all plant policies and safety guidelines at Lonza.
- Defect troubleshooting for gelatin, process, color, and mechanical problems on a hard capsule machine (HCM)
- Ability to troubleshoot knives, automatics, heads, strippers, and any mechanical component that may cause a capsule defect
- This position will be the primary fill-in for Control Room and MFG Shift Leader on an as needed basis
- Ability to troubleshoot both hard gelatin capsules (HGC) and Vcaps Plus (VCP) HCMs, Borsor, Unisor, ILD-iBox
- Special projects as directed by Shift Leader and/or Process Engineers
- Ability to generate documents and graphs in MFG applications and report to management
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts, including weekends, holidays, etc.
- Must be able to work additional hours/days as business needs dictate
- Attendance in the plant site is considered an essential function.
- The Lead operator provides backup for other Lead operators, as well as provide backup for Borsor Operators, OSA Operators, QMA Operators, QMA Relief Operators, Control Room Operator and the Shift Leader.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as QMA or mechanic
- Vcaps Plus and multiple Operations department experience
- Two-year technical degree
- Submission of ideas for process improvements and/or participant on Continuous Improvement teams
- Ability to make process decisions under time constraints
- Must demonstrate competency in SCADA, InfinityQS, Chart, STAS, and all other MFG applications. (Skills will be tested during interview)
- Lift, push, pull, objects up to 50 lbs
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.