Head HR Shared Infrastructure & Corporate Functions Visp
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Visp is looking for a Head HR Shared Infrastructure & Corporate Functions. In this role, you will lead two HRBPs and you will be a trusted partner of the site leadership team in Visp. You will take care of the strategic development of the site (e.g. in culture change) but at the same time engage in hands-on activities.
We have a culture of high trust and supportive behavior in our team, also under high pressure situations. We experiment with new ways of working and methods to share best practice. Humor is an important factor in our work as well and well-being of each team member and the team as a whole is key.
- Provide HR leadership, consultation and guidance for all people related matters to the senior managers of teams supported. Coach and support line managers on current and future plans to design their respective organizations and put in place change management plans to help their operations be successful.
- Build collaborative and trusting relationships with senior management, internal clients and across the site / global HR network
- Develop and implement a strategic people plan for their organization that is aligned to Site/Global HR and business strategies. Critical areas to be addressed include talent and performance management, employee engagement, succession planning. Leveraging global processes accordingly.
- Establish and execute staffing plans. The HRBP is overall accountable for the staffing plans however the recruitment team (RPO solution) executes these plans. Leverage talent acquisition resources to ensure strong and robust pipe-line of both internal and external talent exists to fill existing and evolving team staffing needs.
- Support line management in devising and implementing change management strategies designed to drive efficiency, support growth and build high performing teams
- Establish and drive engagement and development strategies to improve employee engagement (measured by Life@Lonza AG surveys) and provide staff with development/career opportunities
- Monitor and continually seek to improve HR effectiveness by tracking and reporting key measures.
- Master or Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Economics, Psychology or relevant areas (major in HR preferred but not a must)
- Extensive and broad HR experience, ideally having led a transformation (or at least project / change management experience) within a modern HR organization, preferably in an international environment.
- Leadership experience is preferred
- Senior Stakeholder management experience
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training and labor relations
- Understands different cultures and can effectively act in a multi-cultural environment. Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills and a structured and proactive working attitude, strong work ethic. Open-minded for new ideas with a highly collaborative and strong team oriented attitude
- Fluent in German and fluent in English
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.