QC Microbiology Supervisor - 2nd shift
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is searching for a QC Microbiology Supervisor to join our QC team. As our QC Microbiology Supervisor, you will be responsible for ensuring and providing a safe work environment to the staff in the execution of their work duties. You will also be expected to create a culture of disciplined execution and a high level of professionalism for their team while remaining focused on product quality and patient safety.
*The work schedule for this position is for 2nd shift M-F*
- Scheduling and Planning of routine testing.
- Assay/Documentation/Quality System Review.
- Attending department related meetings.
- Independently drive projects to on-time completion.
- Resolving personnel issues and conflicts Troubleshooting, problem solving issues.
- Oversees the routine bioburden, endotoxin, TOC, and BI, as well as stability, BDS, and audit support.
- Bachelor or Advanced Graduate Degree. Preferred area of study in Microbiology, Biochemistry or Related Science Fields.
- Significant experience working within the biotechnology industry.
- Working experience in a direct supervisory role.
- Previous experience using GMP Quality Systems (ex. TrackWise).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate across multiple teams and projects.
- Experience with speaking publicly. Able to maintain control of meetings as required.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.