Senior Purification Scientist
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a Senior Purification Innovation Scientist to support the implementation of Bioprocess technologies within the development and manufacturing settings. You will also lead process innovation projects. Working in a dynamic environment, integrated into multi-disciplinary teams; you will be able to draw on academic and research experience, demonstrating inventiveness and problem solving skills in the disciplines of bioprocessing and/or biotechnology.
You will have the opportunity to lead the planning and execution of several complex (non-routine) experimental programs simultaneously and author technical evaluation reports making implementation recommendations.
- Design, coordinate and support execution of cross-functional studies
- Execute laboratory based scientific studies related to Downstream Processing
- Collate, evaluate and interpret complex data sets
- Author technical reports with scientifically supported conclusions and recommendations
- Lead general laboratory organisation, activity planning and maintenance
- Support team resource planning, project management activities and prioritisation decisions
- Lead technology implementation in development, pilot and manufacturing operations
- Adhere to Safety, Health and Environmental practices; support safety and risk assessments
- Comply with required GxP (Good Pharmaceutical Practice), documentation, data integrity and training standards
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor, Master or Doctorate Degree in Biological Sciences/Chemical Engineering/Biological Engineering/Chemistry or have equivalent relevant experience
- You will have gained experience in a pharma or biopharma/CMO (contract manufacturing organisation)
- Have In-depth knowledge of preparative chromatography, tangential flow filtration, and virus retaining filtration
- Experience with technology development, evaluation and implementation in bioprocessing and / or biotechnology discipline
- Experience with bioprocess unit operations modelling and / or bioprocess cost modelling
- Experience with use of statistical methods for DOE (design of experiements) design and multivariate data analysis
- Working knowledge of analytical methods for characterization of biological molecules
- Experience with technical or commercial operations in the manufacture of biological molecules is desirable
- Working understanding of regulatory requirements and / or GxP is desirable
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.